The Beehive State has been hit quite possibly harder than any other state in the nation when it comes to the opioid epidemic. Since 2011 studies show that the number of opioid overdoses is increasing annually at a rate of about 2% according to the CDC, and while this may not seem like a big number, it breaks down to about 25 people dying each month in Utah as a direct result of opioid overdose.
Major cities such as Salt Lake, Layton, Provo and West Jordan house the sum three million residents that call Utah home. Sadly, 3.1% are addicted to illicit drugs other than marijuana. Still more are addicted to alcohol. But, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Utah detox centers provide specialized treatment and care for those in need.
Utah Addiction Statistics
• Past year cocaine use in Utah among children aged 12-17 is higher than in many other states in the country. This poses a significant threat to the longevity of our communities.
• Opioid overdose deaths account for many accidental deaths each year. Patients simply do not realize that they are taking too much of a drug or they are improperly prescribed a benzodiazepine in conjunction with high level opiates—a deadly combination.
• The total number of people dying from drug related problems in Utah is 18.2 per 100K versus the national average of 12.8 per 100K.
• Violent crime rates are much lower in Utah than in other states but this hardly means the state is perfectly safe. An estimated 224 violent crime incidents per 100K residents occur in the state on a regular basis.
Utah Inpatient Detox Centers
Inpatient detox centers in Utah provide treatment options to help those who are suffering from addiction withdrawal. If you’ve ever tried to quit and faced the pain of withdrawal alone, or if you’ve given up on quitting because you KNOW the discomfort that comes with withdrawal, then you understand the need for detox.
Utah detox centers will help you to:
• Feel comfortable and at ease during withdrawal.
• Overcome symptoms and cravings that would otherwise cause you to continue using.
• Prepare physically for long-term recovery and healing.
• Stabilize so that you can get the help of a rehab center.
Find Utah Detox Today
We’ll help you find a detox center in Utah that’s right for your needs. Whether you require around-the-clock care to ensure your safety in recovery or you’re mildly addicted and may benefit from the interventional care of an outpatient detox center, we’ll help you decide what’s best for you.
One phone call to our helpline anytime, day or night, will be the first step you truly take towards recovery and healing. Utah detox centers are available throughout the state to help you, let us help you decide which one is right for you so that you can quickly be admitted into a treatment program that ensures your sobriety and healing.