Considered an Upper Great Plains state, North Dakota is rich in culture and history. The population is expanding rapidly throughout the state, but with such growth come a number of problems that may otherwise be considered unexpected—including addiction and substance abuse related criminal activities.
North Dakota detox centers are found in all major cities including Bismark, Fargo, Grand Forks and Williston offering a helping hand to those struggling with addiction to cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin, alcohol and other substances. If you’re looking for help to overcome withdrawal and regain control of your life, call our helpline toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to find a North Dakota detox center near you.
North Dakota Addiction Statistics
With just under 1M people calling North Dakota home, the state has a slightly lower than national average substance abuse rate which is good. However, this hardly means the Great Plains state is without trouble. Here’s a look at how addiction impacts North Dakota residents as a whole:
• Alcoholism affects youth aged 12-17 in significant numbers much higher than the national average.
• Past year drug abuse by individuals over the age of 18 is considered about 1% lower than the national average.
• Marijuana is the most commonly cited drug of choice that leads to treatment admissions in North Dakota but opiates and methamphetamine abuse are on the rise.
• Opioid overdose death rates spiked more than 125% in a single year from 2013 to 2014.
Inpatient vs Outpatient Detox Centers in North Dakota
If you’re looking for help overcoming an addiction to any drug or to alcohol, detox can help. Deciding between the two popular types of detox, inpatient and outpatient, can be tough if you aren’t aware of the benefits provided with each level of care. Here’s how each breaks down:
• Inpatient detox provides consistent monitoring and support from a doctor or nurse around-the-clock to ensure your safety no matter how bad withdrawal symptoms get. This treatment is ideal if you’re struggling with alcoholism, benzo addiction or heroin addiction.
• Outpatient detox provides limited access to medical care and support so if you’re struggling with any level of addiction that could result in dangerous or difficult to deal with symptoms of withdrawal, it’s not the ideal choice.
Get Help for Addiction in North Dakota Today
No matter how bad your addiction may seem today, if you seek help in a professional detox program and you stick with the treatment that is provided to you, you’ll feel better soon! One phone call to our helpline will literally put you on the path to recovery and healing. All you have to do is call and ask for help, we will find a detox center in North Dakota that can assist you with the next steps of the healing process.