Major cities in New Jersey such as Newark, Jersey City, Trenton and Union City make up a major portion of the population in the state accounting for up to 1.2K people per square mile radius. Tourism is also popular but brings more people into an already over-populated area. This makes for danger in terms of crime, drugs, and general mishap.
New Jersey detox centers offer one option for residents to get help when they find themselves struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol. These centers provide access to withdrawal treatment, medical care and assistance in fighting against cravings that often make quitting seem difficult or impossible for the user.
For help finding a detox center in New Jersey, call our helpline toll-free anytime. Caring, compassionate treatment specialists are ready to accept your call and help you find and choose the best detox center in NJ for you or someone you care about today.
Drug & Alcohol Abuse in New Jersey
While many areas of New Jersey are lidden with drugs and with their share of alcohol problems, the New Jersey Department of Human Services reports that Ocean county and Monmouth county are the two biggest players when it comes to substance abuse problems. Here’s how the rest of the state stacks up:
• Alcoholism and cocaine are the top substances of abuse that lead to treatment admissions followed by heroin and prescription opiates.
• Heroin accounts for the majority of detox admissions throughout New Jersey.
• Nonmedical use of painkillers in New Jersey is actually lower than many other states in the country due largely to their drug monitoring programs.
• Sadly, the flow of drugs through major areas of New Jersey including Essex and Hudson have garnered the state establishment as a High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area.
• Violent crimes involving cocaine and other drugs occur at a rate of about 400 crimes per 100K people living in the state. This ranks NJ in the middle in terms of violence when compared to other states in the U.S.— Maine being very low on the criminal activity board and Nevada being at the top.
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Detox in New Jersey
With so many people in New Jersey, it’s no surprise that the state has an abundance of detox centers from which to choose. But deciding whether you need inpatient or outpatient detox can be challenging if you aren’t sure about the two.
We can help you choose the best detox program for yourself or a loved one, all you have to do is call our helpline toll-free anytime. We’ll ask you a series of questions that will narrow down the treatment options available to you based on addiction severity, location, and your individual needs.
Deciding between inpatient and outpatient detox requires and understanding of what each program offers. We’ll help you understand these treatment types and the benefits of each. Just give our helpline a toll-free call.